Duties of the Catalog Librarian
- Supervise and manage the Catalog Department.
- Set up cataloging policies and procedures.
- Perform final proofing of processed materials.
- Keep up to date knowledge of all aspects of cataloging and physical processing of materials.
- Update Cataloging Procedure Manual, as needed.
- Maintain Authority File.
Duties of the Assistant Catalog Librarian
- Assist the Catalog Librarian in all computer related project.
- Assist the Catalog Librarian in supervising the department, setting up cataloging policy and carrying out catalog-related projects.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Catalog Department
The Cataloging Department consist of the Catalog Librarian, Catalog Technician, and Student Assistant(s), when made available. Following are duties of this department:
Duties of the Catalog Technician
- Process newly acquired materials.
- Search, edit, export, and order catalog cards from OCLC.
- Retrieve exported records from imported file in Voyager.
- Save Bibliographic records; create holding and/or item records.
- Physically process materials (type label, mark and place label on items, place card pocket in item and type book card).