Interlibrary Loan Services
The J.D. Boyd Library participates in the interlibrary loan network. This allows us to borrow from other libraries materials needed for research that are not a part of our collection. Attempts are made to secure the needed data from libraries in our immediate proximity, thus expediting the loan. For additional information contact the Reference librarian at (601) 877-6357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request Interlibrary Loan
Interlibrary loan service is offered to Alcorn State University faculty, students, and staff supporting research and course related work.
Materials That Can Be Obtained
- Books not owned by Alcorn State University.
- Missing of lost books owned by Alcorn State University.
- Photocopy of articles from journal or newspaper not owned by ASU.
- Thesis and dissertations, when available.
- Government documents and conference proceedings.
How to Make a Request for an Interlibrary Loan
- Check the online public access catalog and periodicals holding list to make sure the item is not owned by ASU.
- Fill out the interlibrary loan request form, available at the Information Desk or on the online request form.
- Graduate students, faculty and staff may request up to 25 items and undergraduate students may request up to 10 items at one time.
- Please indicate on the ILL request form if the item is owned by ASU, but is damaged or missing.
Turnaround Time for a Loan Request
The normal time for request to be processed and received is about 10 to 14 days. The loan period for the most library is 30 days.
- The user will be notified by phone when the material arrives. This material will be held in the interlibrary loan office for 2 weeks.
- The due date slip will be located in the front of each item.
- It is the responsibility of the user to return the borrowed material to the interlibrary loan office on this campus by the due date.
Renewal, Overdue and Recalls
- User should make requests for renewals prior to the due date. These are allowed at the discretion of the lending library.
- Photocopies of periodical and newspaper articles are yours to keep and do not need to be returned to the J.D. Boyd Library.
- The interlibrary loan materials are subject to recall at the lending library at any time.
- Overdue materials will be fined at $1.00 per day per item. Non-payment will result in lost of ILL services and blocking of registration.
Every effort is made by the J.D. Boyd Library to secure materials at no charge or a reasonable cost. However, some libraries and users are expected to pay any and all charges from the lending library. Fees can be paid with cash or by check, made payable to the J.D. Boyd Library. Faculty, staff, and graduate students may be able to use departmental or grant accounts.
The ASU Interlibrary Loan department accepts requests via OCLC, telefacsmile, e-mail and ALA forms from the lending library.
Materials That Can Be Loaned
- Books from the general circulating stacks.
- Government Documents.
- Photocopies of articles from journals and newspapers.
We do not loan Reference materials, newspapers, periodicals, audio-visuals, reserve materials and materials from the Archives and Special Collection.
Length of Loan
- ASU materials are loaned for 30 days.
- Renewals requested prior to due date will be extended for two additional weeks.
- The J.D. Boyd Library reserve the right to recall items from borrowing libraries at any time for any reason.
It is the responsibility of the borrowing library to pay for damages or replacement costs of library materials on loan from the J.D. Boyd Library.
The copyright Laws of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code) governs the making of photo-copies or other reproduction of copyrighted materials. Copies that library users receive are not to be used for any purpose other than research, private study or scholarship. Users are liable for infringement of copyrighted materials.