SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES ADMISSIONS PROCESS
1. School of Graduate Studies (SGS) will receive:
Application and Application Fee
Letters of Recommendation
Appropriate Standardized Test Scores
Credential Evaluation (International Students)
TOEFL (International Students)
Financial Support Statement (International Students)
Copy of Teachers License (M.S. in Education)
Statement of Purpose (Non-degree)
2. School of Graduate Studies will verify complete student file and assemble electronic student folder of completed credentials and transmit electronically to appropriate department.
3. Departmental Admissions Committee will review file and return decision within 5-7 days to School of Graduate Studies with recommended advisor.
4. School of Graduate Studies will send letter of acceptance or rejection to applicant with recommended advisor and copy department chair.
5. Official student record will be maintained by the School of Graduate office.
This revised process will give Departments an opportunity to be involved earlier in the admissions process. It will also give Departments the autonomy to select those applicants who best fit their program need for quality students.