Non Degree Status
Any applicant who holds the baccalaureate or higher degree and who does not wish to be listed as a degree candidate for one of the following reasons is eligible to apply to the School of Graduate studies for non-degree status:
- student desires only academic enhancement;
- student desires to transfer credits for use towards a graduate degree at another institution;
- student wishes to accumulate credit towards certification;
- there is no degree available at the University higher than the one the student holds in the field in which he desires to study; or
- the student already possesses the graduate nursing degree and wishes to pursue the post masters program of study.
Upon the recommendation of the student's advisory committee and department head, subject to the approval of the Graduate Council, credits earned as a "non-degree" graduate student may subsequently be used toward meeting graduate degree requirements at the University if the student decides to become a degree candidate or if a higher degree program is approved in his area of interest. "Non degree" graduate students are not eligible for financial assistance from the University. Should a student wish to be considered for regular admission to the school of Graduate Studies in a degree seeking program, he or she must comply with all admissions guidelines by submitting the credentials needed to meet unconditional admissions status.
Enrollment is limited to nine hours of academic credit.