The Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment at Alcorn State University is charged with providing ongoing leadership and assistance for educational and administrative support units with developing, arranging, analyzing, and completing institutional effectiveness and assessment reports. Institutional effectiveness and assessment is an integral part of the institution’s accreditation process as defined by SACSCOC, our regional accrediting agency.
Additionally, the assessment reports provide an array of institutional information to various constituencies. These reports are designed to:
1) ensure that student learning and program outcomes are aligned with the institutional mission;
2) demonstrate that Alcorn State University is effectively accomplishing its mission;
3) provide internal and external constituents with a comprehensive overview of how the units are continuously improving based on assessment findings;
4) guide administrators with decision-making about their units; and
5) make sure that student learning and programs are meeting the highest academic standards.
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment staff is committed to providing relevant training, research-based guidance about institutional effectiveness and assessment, program reviews, and ideas about institutional improvement to all education and administrative support units at Alcorn State University.
Authorized individuals can log in and use the TracDat system whether you are on or off campus.
Developing an Assessment Plan
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2013 2 PM - 3:30 PM
Developing an Assessment Plan - This workshop is designed for participants who want to learn how to develop an assessment plan. Participants will learn how to write assessable outcomes and ways to assess those outcomes. This workshop is open to everyone.
TracDat User Workshop
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2013 10 AM - 12 Noon
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2013 2 PM - 4 PM
TracDat User Workshop - This workshop is designed for participants to learn all of the functions in TracDat. Participants will be engaged in hands-on activities that will guide them through entering data to running assessment reports. This workshop will provide guidance for both new and experienced TracDat users. Registration Closed
Location: Department of Education, Computer Lab. 2nd floor WWACB
Space is limited, so please register early!