International Student Admission
International students who meet specific program requirements and for whom Alcorn has appropriate programs at the graduate level are invited to make application. Such applications must be supported by satisfactory evidence of their qualifications to pursue a full course of study at this institution.
Application for Admission
Students are encouraged to submit an online application by logging on to www.alcorn.edu . On the homepage, click Apply to complete the Self-Service application or you can click the Academics link and locate the link for Graduate Studies. On the Graduate Studies webpage click Apply Online on the sidebar. Make sure you do the following:
1. Provide information for all required fields.
2. Enter 000000000 for the Social Security Number.
3. Provide accurate email addresses for references identified to submit recommendation letters.
4. Click the Submit Application link at the end of the last section on the self-service application.
In addition to an application for admission, all International Students must present the following credentials to be considered for admissions to the Office of Graduate Studies:
- An official transcript of all course work completed on the collegiate level. All transcripts from international colleges and universities must be accompanied by verification that the degree is equivalent to a B.S., B.A. or M.S. degree from a college or university in the United States.
- Verification that the student's grade point average is at least a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale is needed. Verification must be certified by a professional credential evaluation service. Applicants may select any National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member to provide this service. (See NACES web site, www.naces.org, for a list of NACES members.) A Credential Evaluation must be a course-by-course analysis of the official transcript(s). This is the only acceptable reporting format.
- Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores (International students only);
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores
- A statement of financial support Declaration and Certification of Finances on the financial institution’s letterhead and notarized
- Two letters of recommendation
- A $10.00 (usd) non-refundable application fee
The U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service requires certification that ALL standards for admission have been met before the I 20 form is issued. International students are required to complete their admissions procedures at least 30 days prior to the term in which they expect to enter.
ALL credential evaluations must include the following information:
- Each educational credential and its U.S. equivalent
- Grade average
- Information regarding the accreditation status of the institution attended