There is a link at the end of these instructions which will take you to the secure area; please read all of the instructions.
Logging In and Selecting Classes
From the Alcorn home page (www.alcorn.edu), click on Banner Online Services, then click on the "Enter Secure Area" link. Enter your user ID and Personal Identification Number (PIN) when prompted. Click the Login button.
Please keep track of your password and keep it in a secure area. The online services site will not allow more than five unsuccessful login attempts in a 24-hour period. If you attempt to login more than five times your web access will be disabled until you have notified the Registrar's Office.
Your user ID is your student number(AXXXXXXXX), which can be found on the back of your Gold Card, and your pin is your six-digit date of birth for first-time users. After your initial log in, you will be prompted to change your PIN and also provide a security question and answer. It is important to remember your question and your answer. It is case sensitive. If you receive an Authorization Failure-Invalid User ID message, please call the Office of the Registrar at 601.877.6170 for further instructions.
All students must secure the registration access pin from your academic advisor to register.
Freshmen and students with undecided majors should report to the advisors in the Newtie J. Boyd Student Support Center located on the 1st floor of Bowles Hall.
You may use any computer with internet access to enter classes using the ASU Online Service.
- Once you have logged in, click on the “Student Services & Financial Aid” link. Then, click on the “Registration” link.
- Click on “Check Your Registration Status” to view your registration status and any messages that will preventyou from registering.
- Select the current term for which you would like to enroll and click the submit term button (Example- Fall 2010)
- Select the Add/Drop link. When prompted, enter your Registration Access Pin.
- After entering your RAP, type in the Course Reference Number (CRN) and submit.
- Please check financial aid status online before proceeding to next step.
- PROCEED TO FINANCIAL AID ONLY IF FINANCIAL AID HAS NOT BEEN AWARDED.
- Verify housing status by clicking the appropriate button when prompted. Proceed to the Registration Menu to Add Funds to Your Account.
- The menu will appear to allow you to add money to your ASU Gold Card. This process can only be completed online before fees are paid. (After fees are paid, you must see a cashier to complete this process). A minimum $5.00 to a maximum of $1,000.00 may be added.
- After adding funds to your account, return to the Registration Menu to Complete Registration Using Available Funds.
- AFTER PAYING YOUR FEES USING AVAILABLE FUNDS, THE REGISTRATION PROCESS IS COMPLETE.
- You should see a confirmation page after completion of this process. Print the confirmation page for your records.
ALL STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE AN ASU GOLD CARD
Click to Enter Secure Area and begin the registration process.
TO ENSURE PRIVACY-When you are finished using the Online services Menu, please exit and close your browser to protect your privacy. This will ensure that no one can access the system using your ID and Password. Remember to close the browser after each session. After 5 minutes of inactivity your password will expire and you will be required to login again.
All student information is protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, FERPA, and appropriate Mississippi Statutes. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 prohibits access to a student’s educational records (other than directory information) without the written consent of the student. An exception can be made in the case of parents or legal guardians who establish that student’s status as a dependent according to the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, Section 152.
You have been authorized to access the BANNER student information system. Please remember that much of the data you will be viewing on this system contains student information. All student information is protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, FERPA, and appropriate Mississippi statutes.
FERPA ,or as it is commonly known “the Buckley Amendment" and appropriate Mississippi Statutes, are laws that require Alcorn State University to maintain the confidentiality of all students' educational records. The university is not permitted to release any information from a student's educational record without the student's written consent. Alcorn State University may release directory information, as outlined in the University catalog, without the student's consent. All requests for directory information, student enrollment verifications, and other student records information should be referred to the Registrar's Office.
All student information that is maintained on the BANNER System, is considered confidential information and may not be released. When reviewing student information, be sure that no other student or outside party can view or have access to this information. Third party access to a student's educational record without the student's consent is a violation of the law.