Study Abroad Affiliation and Cooperative Agreements

Affiliation Agreements

The Office of Global Programs has established affiliation agreements with several Study Abroad Providers to help make your Study Abroad a rich and rewarding experience.   Those Study Abroad providers with website links are shown below:

What Do Study Abroad Providers Do?

Study Abroad Providers charge a fee (in addition to the costs from the foreign university, such as tuition, registration fees, etc.), when students use them to facilitate their study abroad term.  Program organizers offer support services for students while they are abroad.  These are just some of the things that Study Abroad Providers offer:

  • Cultural outings
  • Security briefings
  • Orientation programs
  • On-site staff to help get credits transmitted
  • Help resolve visa problems
  • Translation
  • Local transportation
  • Additional scholarships for students
  • Facilitation (and in some cases funding) of faculty development and faculty-led programs abroad.

Cooperative Agreements

Alcorn State University has cooperative agreements with several international universities for faculty, student and research exchange.  The universities with cooperative agreements are shown below with links to their websites: