The Statistical Consulting and Training Center (SCTC) is dedicated to support the research and education mission of the Alcorn State University. The main goals are: to provide high-quality, faculty supervised statistical data analysis services to the all member of university research community, as well as to outside community/industrial clients.
- To train students in the art and practice of statistical consulting, by providing them the opportunity to interact with a variety of clients, both within and outside of the university.
- To disseminate statistical knowledge and expertise to students and faculty on the Alcorn State University campus, by providing statistical assistance on research projects, theses or dissertations.
- To provide statistical support to Alcorn State University students and faculty.
The SCTC serves two purposes:
- To enhance the quality of research carried out at Alcorn State University.
- To enrich the education and training of researcher and student through courses and workshop.