Alcorn State University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate, Bachelor‘s, Master‘s, and Specialist in Education degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404.679.4500 for questions about the accreditation of Alcorn State University. Contact the Commission only on accreditation-related issues. Contact Alcorn State University for all inquiries regarding educational programs, services, and University policies at (601) 877-6100.
Alcorn‘s teacher education program is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). The Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics is accredited by the American Dietetics Association. The Associate of Science in Nursing degree, the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree, and the Master of Science in Nursing degree programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). The Bachelor of Science in Social Work program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). Alcorn State University is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music, the National Association of Industrial Technology, the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences.
The university also holds membership in the following organizations:
- National Association of College and University Business Officers
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- American Council on Education
- Association of State Colleges and Universities
- Family and Consumer Sciences Association
- National Association of State Universities and Land Grant Colleges
- National Collegiate Athletic Association
- National Collegiate Honors Council
- The Southern Association of College Registrars
- Association of Institutional Research
- Southern Regional Honors Council
- Southern Association of College and University Business Officers