The Comptroller’s Office reports to the Vice President for Business Affairs. The office is comprised of the Bursar/Cashier’s Office, Accounts Payable Office, Travel Office and the Accounting Office. The primary mission of the Comptroller’s Office is to control and safeguard all University assets by:
- Collecting all monies due the university.
- Providing financial services to the university community and its customers and constituents
- Properly accounting for all transactions and ensuring that they are reflected in the university’s financial records.
- Coordinating independent audits and reviews of university finances and operations.
- Monitoring internal controls and making recommendations for improvements
- Preparing financial statements according to the Governmental Accounting Standards Board
Ms. Carolyn Hinton, CPA
1000 ASU Drive, 509
Alcorn State, MS 39096-7500
WWACB Room 203
Phone: (601) 877-6151
Fax: (601) 877-6217