Consistent with United States Postal Service regulations, all mail or packages that are unclaimed fifteen days after delivery may be returned to sender at the discretion of the ASUPO. Our process is as follows:
- As necessary, Postal Services’ employees will inspect the mailboxes.
- At our discretion, mail that is over ten days old will be removed from the mailboxes.
- Removed mail will be checked into the Post Office package tracking software.
- The mail will need to be picked up from the package pick-up window within fifteen days.
- After fifteen days, any mail not picked up from the package pick-up window will be returned to sender as unclaimed.
Please note that if there is a legitimate reason that mail or packages cannot be picked up within the ten day period, the ASUPO must be notified. Further arrangements can then be made to handle the mail or packages. If you have any questions or problems, please let us know at the Postal Services window.