PRINTING SERVICES AND WALK-IN SHIPPING AND
PRINTING CENTER POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Services provides professional printing, duplicating, graphics and binding
services to the university community and is located on the first floor of the
Walter Washington Administration and Classroom Building. The walk-in Printing
and Shipping Center is located on the first floor of the James L. Bolden
Student Union, which features UPS shipping services to all segments of the
university. Printing Services strives to meet the needs
of our customers with an unsurpassed standard of excellence.
All printing and duplicating material, excluding
office duplicating, must be processed by completing the ASU Printing Services Order Requisition form. Once completed, the
form can be submitted electronically or printed and brought to the Printing
The time required to complete a printing request
depends on the complexity and volume of the job. The lead time on small quantities or jobs that require simple
copying or printing (example: 200 copies of 1-6 page programs) is 1 to 2
days. A total of 2 to 5 days is
required for larger quantities or more complicated jobs that require bindery
and finishing (example: 200+ copies of 8+ page programs).
Please note that lead time is only required for the
services listed above.
Personal copies can be made in Printing Services and
the walk-in Printing and Shipping Center.
Confidential materials will be treated as requested by
In accordance with the University’s Graphic Identity Program, all units are to use ASU
Identity Standards to show proper affiliation with the University. There are no
exceptions to this requirement. To locate information, please visit
website at: www.alcorn.edu, University Relations, Identity Standards.
COPYRIGHT AND OTHER RESTRICTIONS
The copyright law of the United States governs the
reproduction of photocopies of copyrighted material.
WALK-IN PRINTING AND SHIPPING CENTER PROCEDURES
The center is located on the first floor of the James
L. Bolden Student Union building.
PROCEDURES FOR STUDENTS ONLY
- Computers for student use are
connected to the print management system by use of Gold Card. This system
assigns a price per print, tracks the credit available for each student,
and automatically debits the correct amount from a student’s account once
a document is printed.
- Students are allocated $2.50 per semester for the first 50 black
and white prints at the end of registration. The
allocation is added to the accounts of registered students.
- A processing delay for students who register after the
first day of classes may apply.
- Money does not roll over.
- Students may add additional funds to their printing accounts.
- Data must be saved on a flash drive.
- Log out of account when finished. Personnel are not responsible
for student’s account and credits will not be refunded in these situations.
- Credits will only be given for printer malfunctions such as paper
jams, smeared toner, streaked printouts, etc.
- Credits will not be given for user errors or unwanted printouts.
Cash will not be given as a refund. A non-student fault Print/Copier Permission Slip will be
available to print at the Gold Card office in the Walter Washington
Administration Classroom Building, Room 103.
PROCEDURES FOR STUDENTS, FACULTY AND STAFF
- Alcorn operates as an authorized shipper through
- Express (next day to many areas and includes a tracking number),
Priority, First Class, and Media Mail services are available.
- Faculty, staff and students can drop off packages for UPS 1 p.m. pick-up.
- Print shipping labels from the computer or do everything at the
- Assistance will be provided if needed by Center Staff.
PROCEDURES FOR PRINTING SERVICES
Printing Services are located on the first floor of
the Walter Washington Administration/ Classroom Building
The procedures for Printing Services are as
- Originals should be in black print on white paper and
unstapled. Originals submitted on color paper do not reproduce well.
- Attach file to a transmitted email if document is
pre-designed. Even though most software applications are accepted, a PDF file
is preferred, whenever possible, to prevent fonts and document from changing
from their original state.
- Copying can be done on a walk-in type basis if the
following criteria are met: the material to be printed is camera ready and the
printed size is 8 ½” x 11”, 8 ½” x 14”, 11” x 17” or 13” x 19.”
Printing Services uses offset-presses and high-speed
copy machines as the primary method of reproduction. Available services
- Business Cards
- Letterheads (Stationery)
- Envelopes (Plain and Window)
- Newsletters (11” x 17”)
- Carbon Forms (2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 Parts)
- Posters (11” x 17” up to 13” x 19”)
- Window Clings (12 x 18)
- Wide Format Banners
- Note Pads
- Classroom Handouts
- Color Printing
- Black and White Copying and Printing
There is an additional charge for different grades of
paper. Folding and cutting services are available.
The hours of operation are on Monday through Thursday
from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. and on Friday from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
RETURN TO ALL AUXILIARIES POLICIES & PROCEDURES