The Office of Human Resources would like to welcome you to Alcorn State University. The staff of the Office of Human Resources provides expertise in a variety of areas including Employment Administration, Employee and Labor Relations, Benefits, Employee Retirement and Compensation Administration. We look forward to providing university employees with the information, resources and program guidelines to ensure consistency and compliance with University regulations and procedures and EEO/AA rules and guidelines. We are here to make your career experiences rewarding.
The Office of Human Resources is a full-service department responsible for providing a wide range of human resources and personnel related services to the University. Chief among the responsibilities of the Office of Human Resources are employee appointments and status changes, employer/employee relations, employee benefits including group insurance and tax sheltered annuities, attendance and leave, job posting, and employment verifications.
1. Respect for what everyone says without judging
2. We ensure that everyone has a voice
3. We agree to disagree
4. Open & honest communication
5. We work in a cooperative manner
6. We leverage each others’ talents
7. We do what we say we are going to do
8. We stand for the successful performance of the faculty and staff
9. We demonstrate integrity in all that we do
10. We have fun and celebrate
Location and Contact Information
The Office of Human Resources is located on the first floor of the Walter Washington Administration/Classroom Building (WWACB), Suite 107. You may reach us by phone at (601) 877-6188.