The Auxiliary Services Department provides products and services to Alcorn State University students, staff and faculty to enhance their University experience. This is realized through staffing processes and contractual relationships that focus on meeting the needs of our customers. The state of Mississippi requires that Auxiliary Services be self-supporting, inclusive of staff salaries and wages and operational budgets. Inherent in the philosophy of the Auxiliary Services Department are the following actions:
- Listening to customers to determine how they can best be served.
- Focusing on excellence in service delivery including timeliness, service quality and helpfulness, friendliness and competence of staff.
- Regularly assessing the effectiveness of service delivery.
- Regularly assessing the value of the service to the customers.
- Renewing financial information on an ongoing basis to assure that services meet their budget requirements.
The Auxiliary Services Department is located in Room 203 on the second floor of the Walter Washington Administration/Classroom Building.
The Auxiliary Services Department is a University department providing non-academic services to students. The services managed by the Auxiliary Services Department at Alcorn State University include the Bookstore, Trademark and Licensing Administration, Postal Services and Printing and Shipping Services.