Career Development trainings and workshops are offered on an open enrollment basis. The trainings and workshops are designed to meet the University’s goal to develop and retain excellent staffing. Our trainings offer all University employees the opportunity to improve job performance, develop and cultivate leadership capabilities, and to foster personal and professional growth throughout their tenure at Alcorn State.
Ultimately, your career is your responsibility. It is good business practice to "take inventory" from time to time. Use the questionnaire below to develop a snapshot of your career "as it is now” and "as you would like it to be." Discuss your answers with a trusted co-worker, manager or HR professional as you begin to assess who you are and determine where you’re going.
- What do you like most about your current job?
- What would you like to do more of?
- What do you like least about your current job?
- What would you like to do less of?
- What are the primary skills your current job requires? What is your current skill level in these areas?
- Two or three years from now, where would you like to be professionally?
- What would you need to achieve to accomplish this?
- What new responsibilities or challenges could you take on to move you towards your goal?
- What would help you obtain more satisfaction from your work?
- What changes could you make in your performance that would satisfy you more?
New Skills and Abilities
- What new tasks, roles, skills, abilities, etc. would you like to acquire or improve?
- What technical or Professional Development training, education, certifications or licenses would you like to obtain?