Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is the date of Commencement? Time(s)? Location?
- What time do doors open for the Commencement ceremony?
- Is there a rehearsal?
- Do my family and/or friends need tickets to attend Commencement?
- Will there be a live webcast of Commencement?
- Is there reserved seating for wheelchair guests or guests with mobility concerns?
- Is there shuttle transportation on campus?
- When can I pick up my cap and gown?
- Where do I return my cap and gown after the Commencement ceremony?
- Will photos be taken of graduates?
- Where should I park?
- Can I decorate my graduation cap?
- When will my diploma be available for pickup?
- Is stepping, marching, or strolling allowed during the commencement ceremony?
Diplomas will be available immediately after commencement exercise until 12:00 noon in the Whitney Complex. After returning caps and gowns, graduate students may pickup diplomas in room 201. Undergraduates may retrieve diplomas in rooms 202 (A - M) and 203 (N – Z). The Office of Student Records staff will release diplomas only upon proper presentment of an Alcorn Goldcard, state-issued I.D., or driver’s license. We look forward to serving you as an alumnus of this great institution.
In honor of our graduates, it is the intention of the University to afford the highest level of dignity to the commencement program. All graduates are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this standard. Please follow directions given by the commencement marshals and other officials. There should be no individual or group stepping, marching, or strolling (vis-à-vis sororities or fraternities) at any point during the ceremony. Failure to adhere to this standard will result in a fine of $500.