Student Consumer Information
Student Consumer Information Disclosures
The Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 requires that universities make available to current and prospective students important information concerning each institution’s academic programs, retention rates, graduation rates, crime reports, financial aid procedures and much more in an effort to ensure fairness and transparency for all higher education consumers. The University has developed this page to serve as the central portal for obtaining necessary information about our institution. It is our hope that this concerted effort between Alcorn State University and the Department of Education to provide this data will allow all students to access the information they need to make the best college decision possible for them and their future.
For additional information about Alcorn State University and a comparison to other higher education institutions, please see the College Navigator website maintained by the U.S. Department of Education. This site contains useful information concerning student activities and services across more than 7,000 institutions of higher learning in the United States, including Alcorn State University.
General Institutional Information
- About ASU - Fast Facts
- General Info
- Institutional Profile (for SACS-Commission on Colleges)
- Information Concerning the Privacy of Student Records (FERPA)
- Information about Facilities and Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Diversity Information
- First-Time Freshman Profile
- First-Time Freshman ACT Scores
- Student Handbook
- Cost of Attendance
- Requirements and Procedures for Official Withdrawal from the University
- Requirements for Withdrawal and Return of Financial Aid
- Refund Policy for Alcorn State University
- Textbook Information - Select the academic term and year you wish to view. You may then search for the desired course, and click on the "Books" icon to see information (including the ISBN) for required course materials.
- Textbook Policy
- Academic Resources and Programs
- Academic Program Plans for Improvement
- Current Degree Programs
- Global Programs Study Abroad
- Quality Enhancement Plan
- Transfer Credit Policy
- Mississippi Community College Transfer Guide and Articulation Agreement
- Accreditation, Approval and Licensure of Institution and Programs
The Alcorn State University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, master’s, specialist, first professional, and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of the Alcorn State University. The commission is to be contacted if there is evidence that appears to support the university’s significant noncompliance with a requirement or standard. Numerous degree programs are accredited by professional, disciplinary accrediting agencies, as listed in the above link. For additional information about individual programs, standards, and accreditation documents, contact the Office of the Provost.
The University has various appeals processes associated with academic and student affairs policies. The Student Advocacy web page provides guidance as to such appeals and complaint procedures. In addition, students or University employees may report possible noncompliance with respect to a SACS requirement or standard, as described above, may report a complaint related to ethical misconduct, particularly actions involving suspected illegal use of state resources, to the Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning via an EthicsPoint reporting system, or may report complaints to the Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation.
- Copyright Infringement-Policies and Sanctions
- Student Activities
- Career and Job Placement Services
- Teacher Preparation Program Report
Student Financial Assistance
- Information Regarding the Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
- Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violation
- Student Loan Information
Health And Safety
- Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Vaccination Policies
- Crime Policies and Crime Statistics
- Crime Log
- Missing Student Notification Policy
- Fire Policies and Statistics, including Fire Log
- Emergency Information
- Retention Rates by Graduation, Gender, and Ethnicity
- NCAA - Graduation rate data for student athletes can be found at this NCAA website. Select the Alcorn State University and Division I Graduation Success Rates or Federal Graduation Rates.
- Job Placement Rates for Graduates