Welcome to Alcorn State University
You are about to begin an incredible journey, and it is our goal to help make it the best it can be. To assist you in making a smooth transition to college life, all new students are required to attend Spring 2020 New Student Orientation which will be held on Monday, January 6, 2020. The day will officially begin with check-in at 8:30 a.m. until 9:00 a.m. in the J.D. Boyd Medgar Wiley Evers Library Auditorium. The program will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m.
You will have the opportunity to experience orientation with a small group of your classmates. You will be able to meet with academic advisors, register for classes, review your transfer credit evaluations, and learn more about the programs and services offered at Alcorn. Orientation is a great time to ask questions, and get a sneak peek of what to expect before the semester starts. Studies have shown that students who attend orientation have higher college success rates.
Residence Halls will open on Monday, January 6, 2020. Classes will begin on Tuesday, January 7, 2020.
On behalf of the
faculty, staff and administration at Alcorn State University, we look forward
to joining you as you begin this exciting journey toward a successful future.
University College Staff
Registration begins 11/11/2020 for Spring 2020 New Student and Transfer Student Class Schedule
What will you need to do prior to Spring 2020 New Student Orientation?
- Students must be admitted to the university. Office of Admissions and Recruiting Contact Number: 1.800.222.6790 or email email@example.com for all questions regarding Admission to the university.
- Visit www.alcorn.edu/FYE as soon as possible to have your Spring 2020 Class Schedule completed (12 hours minimum if you are going to be enrolled full-time).
- Make sure you have completed your 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) www.fafsa.gov and the 2019-2020 ASU Financial Aid Application online at www.alcorn.edu (admissions, financial aid, forms). Financial Aid Contact Number: 601.877.6190 or email ASUFinAid@alcorn.edu Note: Please accept your Financial Aid Award and pay your fees prior to coming to Spring 2020 New Student Orientation to avoid waiting in lines. Please use the Step-By-Step Registration Tutorial online at www.alcorn.edu to assist you.
Make sure you have completed your Housing Application online if you will be living on campus. Housing Contact Number: 601.877.6478 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for housing all new students must complete the following:
- Be admitted to the University
- Pay $125.00 Nonrefundable Housing Application Fee at Bursar's Office. Bursar’s Contact Numbers: 601.877.6388 / 601.877.2378 or ( http://www.alcorn.edu/bursar )
Activate Email/Canvas Account (
- Click on the Personal Information tab or link
- Select Activate your Email/Canvas Account
- Read and Accept the Appropriate Use Policy.
- Choose a password
Center for Information Technology Services (CITS) Contact Number: 601.877.6182
After completion of all of the steps above, use log in credentials to access housing application. Again if you have a completed class schedule, please use the Step-By-Step Registration Tutorial online at www.alcorn.edu. It outlines the steps to accepting your financial aid and paying your fees. It’s as easy as 1-2-3 !
If you complete registration prior to coming to orientation, please bring your confirmation letter verifying that you have completed registration. You will need proof of completed registration for clearance to check into your assigned residence hall in the spring. Full registration includes selection of classes and payment of fees by validation of financial aid or processing of other forms of payment (cash, check, or credit card).
All students must complete the process in order to be fully
registered. After you have completed all of the steps above, the final step is
to take your
Alcorn State University Gold Card Picture when you arrive
on campus. Please bring a
Valid Picture ID with you. You will need it to
take your ASU Gold Card Picture.
Complete Registration Before Check-In
Students are required to complete registration, including payment of fees, BEFORE checking into residence halls.