Successful student retention affirms a commitment to a solid, academic foundation at the start of the higher education experience that encourages student persistence. Retention and progression will not be achieved by any single unit on campus, or by any policy handed down from leadership. It requires the constant attention and the enduring commitment of the entire university community – every student, every instructor/professor, every administrator, every staff member, everybody, every day. The winning formula for student retention is student learning + student engagement + student satisfaction = student success (Crockett 28).
Retention Specialist Services
The retention specialist coordinates many of the activities, including GradesFirst, a web-based student performance monitoring system that provides automated student services and communication among faculty, academic advisors and students. Progress reports and early alerts are the hallmarks of GradesFirst. The retention specialist also…
• monitors academic progress of students experiencing academic difficulties
• serves as the liaison among various student services and departments
• counsels students to continue their education and not withdraw from the university
• maintains the Online Class Attendance system, and
• assists students, granted an SAP appeal, with completing the academic plan they developed with their advisor.
Additional Campus Resources
GradesFirst Tutorial Video