For Incoming International Students
- Students must report to a United States Medical Facility upon arrival to be tested. These tests are required before you are allowed to report to Alcorn State University.
- The tests are The Tuberculosis Chest X-Ray and The Tuberculosis Blood Test interferon gamma release assays (IGRA). The test results should be than 6 weeks old.
- Upon arriving to the campus the student must have the results of these tests to present at Alcorn State University’s Office of Admissions located in the Walter Washington Administration/Classroom Building Suite 317.
- Student should have the following required original documents for reporting
- Valid Passport
- Valid Visa
- Signed I-20
- Form I-94
- International Student Information Form
Housing and Meals
- Students should speak with the Department of Residence Life to make prior arrangement for housing and meals before arriving. These services require an additional fee.
- Students must report to University College to meet with the Advisor assigned to them.
Registration and Payment Arrangements
- Students must register and be prepared to pay fees upon arrival to the campus
- Students must maintain their status by enrolling in 12 hours of course work each semester
- Students are allowed to take only 1 Online Class where course count towards meeting the full course of study requirement per semester.
- Students will report to the Gold Card Services Office on the 2nd floor of the Walter Washington Administration/Classroom Building to receive their School Identification Card. Students must provide proof of registration complete.
- Students will make sure they are registered in SEVIS by the DSO