Community COVID-19 Vaccination
Alcorn State University is partnering with Claiborne County Office of Emergency Management to serve as a public COVID-19 vaccination site on the University’s campus.
The drive-through site will be near Alcorn State University’s entrance and vaccinations will be available March 23, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays.
How to get the vaccine
Information about scheduling
Appointments are required. Those who are eligible can schedule an appointment through the MSDH COVID-19 vaccine appointment system by visiting covidvaccine.umc.edu or by calling 877.978.6453. Appointments cannot be made with county or university offices.
At their appointment time, visitors can come to the vaccination site where they receive counseling regarding the vaccine, their vaccine, and then will be asked to stay for about 15 to 30 minutes.
During the time that they spend on campus, the healthcare staff and community volunteers will make sure that they’re safe and register them for their second-dose appointment, as well as get them their vaccine card.
Registration & Appointments
Appointments are required. Those who are eligible can schedule an appointment through the MSDH COVID-19 vaccine appointment system. Appointments cannot be made with county or university offices.
Those without computer access or needing extra help registering can call: 877.978.6453.
Hours of Operation
Tuesdays and Thursdays
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Drive-Through Vaccination Process
- Make an appointment online or over the phone. When you register online, you will fill out a survey that includes your contact information.
- Follow directional signage. When you reach the University, you will be given instructions on where to park.
- Keep your mask on and roll up your sleeve to receive your vaccination from a health care professional.
- Wait 15 minutes so that health care staff can monitor for any adverse reactions to the vaccine. During the time that you spend on campus, the healthcare staff and community volunteers will make sure that you’re safe and register you for your second-dose appointment, as well as get you your vaccine card.
- Take home post-vaccination information, including details about your second dose appointment. It is important that the same product be used for both doses. The University will be providing the same vaccine for both of your appointments.
Bring Your Mask
Everyone coming to the vaccination site is asked to wear a mask the entire time they are at the site. The health care professionals administering vaccinations will be wearing personal protective equipment and taking all necessary precautions to ensure the safety of those visiting campus.
Press Conference Livestream
Please click the button below to view the March 23, 2021 Press Conference on Alcorn State University's official Facebook page.