#NameNaveSocials Social Media Handles Contest
Dr. Felecia M. Nave began her tenure as Alcorn State University’s 20th and first female president on July 1st. There’s just one problem… Dr. Nave wants to connect on social media and her official handles need names! Dr. Nave is asking Alcorn students to help name her Facebook, Twitter and Instagram handles. Enter your suggestions below for a chance to win a $1,000 Book Scholarship. Contest ends on August 31, 2019.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: The Naming Contest is open to all registered Alcorn State University students as of the date of entry. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Alcorn State University as final and binding as it relates to the content.
- Entry Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about August 1, 2019 and ending August 31, 2019.
- How to Enter: The contest must be entered by submitting your full name, email address, phone number, ASU ID#, classification, major, hometown and a Handle/Username Submission in the submission form. Handle/Username suggestion can not be more than 15 characters long. The entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Alcorn State University. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Alcorn State University.
- Prizes: Grand Prize Winner will receive a $1,000 Book Scholarship from the ASU Foundation, Inc. be recognized during a home football game and invited to join the president in the press box during the game. The actual/appraised value may differ at the time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Alcorn State University. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Alcorn State University’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Alcorn State University to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the voting of a panel of Alcorn State University judges on the naming suggestions.
- Winner selection and notification: Winner of the Naming Contest will be selected by the president. Winner will be notified via email to the email address they entered the contest with within five (5) days following the winner selection. Alcorn State University shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that Alcorn State University, anyone acting on behalf of Alcorn State University or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.