Welcome to the Office of Internal Audit
The Office of Internal Audit reports directly to the Board of Higher Education and indirectly to the President.
Mission Statement: The Office of Internal Audit is committed to providing independent, objective assurance, and consulting activities designed to add value and improve the operations of Alcorn State University. The Office of Internal delivers a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and government processes to help Alcorn State University accomplish its objectives.
Vision Statement: The Office of Internal Audit will become a valued and preferred advisor through building trust, fostering transparency, building awareness, and promoting accountability through assurance and consultant services.
- To evaluate the adequacy of accounting, financial and other operating controls and provide recommendations on effective controls at a reasonable cost
- To provide advice and guidance on new policies, systems processes and procedures
- To prove attestation in compliance with university policies and procedures and compliance with state and federal regulations
- To determine the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization in accomplishing its mission and identify operational opportunities for cost savings and revenue enhancements
- Perform annual system audits, institutional audits and reviews and provide audit assistance to the Office of the State Auditor
- Conduct investigations reported on EthicsPoint's website or brought to management's attention
ASU Ethics Line
The ASU Ethics Line is a comprehensive and confidential reporting tool to assist management and employees to work together to address fraud, abuse, and other misconduct in the workplace, all while cultivating a positive work environment.
Please visit our ASU Ethics Hotline Frequently Asked Questions page for additional information.
Office of Internal Audit
1000 ASU Drive #150
Lorman, MS 39096