Office of Internal Audit
Mission Statement: To assist management by providing an independent appraisal of operating systems, ensure sound accounting and administrative controls exist over all aspects of operations, provide assistance to external agencies on behalf of the university, and to provide feedback to management with respect to the following areas:
- The extent to which established policies and procedures are being followed
- Economic and efficient utilization of resources
- Objectives of the university are being met
- To evaluate the adequacy of accounting, financial and other operating controls and provide recommendations on effective controls at a reasonable cost
- To provide advice and guidance on new policies, systems processes and procedures
- To prove attestation in compliance with university policies and procedures and compliance with state and federal regulations
- To determine the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization in accomplishing its mission and identify operational opportunities for cost savings and revenue enhancements
- Perform annual system audits, institutional audits and reviews and provide audit assistance to the Office of the State Auditor
- Conduct investigations reported on EthicsPoint's website or brought to management's attention
ASU Ethics Line
The ASU Ethics Line is a comprehensive and confidential reporting tool to assist management and employees to work together to address fraud, abuse, and other misconduct in the workplace, all while cultivating a positive work environment.
Please visit our ASU Ethics Hotline Frequently Asked Questions page for additional information.
Mrs. Tomeka Moore, MBA
Director of Internal Audit