Basic Internal Controls Questionnaire
Alcorn State University Office of Internal Audit has developed a Basic Internal Control Questionnaire to assist you in evaluating whether your department/unit maintains satisfactory internal controls and complies with certain institutional policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements. The questionnaire will also help you identify certain areas that are working effectively and others that can be improved. By completing this questionnaire, you will be able to:
- Assess the adequacy of existing policies and procedures and various other internal controls
- Be aware of certain efficiencies and cost saving opportunities
- Be aware of red flag indicators of potentially fraudulent activities
- Be able to provide feedback to your department on improving operational effectiveness and/or compliance
- Identify issues that may have university-wide implications
This self-assessment can also help you prepare for an audit, should your area of responsibility be selected. If you have any questions related to the items covered in the self-assessment, please contact the Office of Internal Audit at (601) 877-6318 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.