At A Glance
The main campus of Alcorn is located in Claiborne County, Mississippi, seven miles west of Lorman, seventeen miles southwest of Port Gibson, and about halfway between Vicksburg, to the north, and Natchez, to the south.The campus in Natchez is home to the School of Nursing and School of Business, and a variety of courses are offered at the Vicksburg location.
Schools offer programs leading to the associate, baccalaureate, master's, specialist, and doctoral degrees.
Nearly 4000 full- and part-time undergraduate and graduate students attend Alcorn State University.
More than 40 clubs and organizations, including student government, student newspaper and yearbook staffs, radio station, honor societies, religious groups, music and theater groups, student council, and special-interest groups.
ACCREDITATIONS AND AFFILIATIONS
Alcorn State University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate, Bachelor‘s, Master‘s, and Specialist in Education degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Alcorn State University. Contact the Commission only on accreditation-related issues. Contact Alcorn State University for all inquiries regarding educational programs, services, and University policies at 601 877-6100.
Alcorn‘s teacher education program is accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education. The Associate of Science in Nursing degree, the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree, and the Master of Science in Nursing degree programs are accredited by the
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing. Alcorn State University is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music, the National Association of Industrial Technology and the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences.
The university also holds membership in the following organizations:
- National Association of College and University Business Officers
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- American Council on Education
- Association of American Colleges
- Association of State Colleges and Universities
- Family & Consumer Sciences Association
- American Library Association
- American Public Relations Association
- College Language Association
- Council for the Advancement and Support of Education
- Council on Co-op College Projects
- National Association for Business Teacher Education
- National Association of Dramatic and Speech Arts
- National Association of State Universities and Land Grant Colleges
- National Collegiate Athletic Association
- National Collegiate Honors Council
- National Commission on Accrediting
- The Southern Association of College Registrars
- The Association of Departments of English
- Association of Institutional Research
- Mathematical Association of America
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business-International
- The Society for College and University Planning
- Southern Regional Honors Council
- Southern Association of College and University Business Officers.
- State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA)