Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment at Alcorn State University is charged with providing ongoing leadership and assistance for educational and administrative support units with developing, arranging, analyzing, and completing institutional effectiveness and assessment reports. Institutional effectiveness and assessment is an integral part of the institution’s accreditation process as defined by SACSCOC, our regional accrediting agency.
Additionally, the assessment reports provide an array of institutional information to various constituencies. These reports are designed to:
- ensure that student learning and program outcomes are aligned with the institutional mission;
- demonstrate that Alcorn State University is effectively accomplishing its mission;
- provide internal and external constituents with a comprehensive overview of how the units are continuously improving based on assessment findings;
- guide administrators with decision-making about their units; and
- make sure that student learning and programs are meeting the highest academic standards.
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment staff is committed to providing relevant training, research-based guidance about institutional effectiveness and assessment, program reviews, and ideas about institutional improvement to all education and administrative support units at Alcorn State University.
- Where should I email documents requested by the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment?
- I am confused on how to enter my data into the TracDat system. How can I get hands on assistance?
- Can I use only one measurement method for a desired outcome?
- Should my outcome be completely student-centered?
- Can I have multiple focuses for the desired outcome?
- Is there a specific schedule my department can follow to ensure our records are updated?
- Can student grades be sufficient enough to use for assessment?