What is the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP)?
According to SACSCOC, the QEP “reflect the institution’s commitment to enhance overall quality and effectiveness by focusing on an issue that institution considers important to improve student learning and/or student success.”
The proposed QEP topic is The Alcorn Success Network (ASN): A Strategic Approach to Improve Students’ Academic and Career Planning.
This QEP will improve student persistence by strengthening and enhancing the institution’s academic and career advising infrastructure.
The QEP goals:
- To empower students to identify and pursue their educational and professional goals.
- To provide students with a robust, coordinated, and assessable academic and career advising as well as planning support structure in and out of the classroom.
The student learning outcomes for the QEP are:
- Students will be able to create an educational plan by skillfully utilizing academic progression tools and resources made available by the QEP.
- Students will be able to create a career plan by skillfully completing assigned modules and connect academic with proposed career goals.
- Students will be able to present themselves effectively, orally and in writing, in pursuit of career opportunities.