Bulb imageHow will scholarship recipients be selected?

Awards are made on a first-come, first-served basis, as funding is available. However, priority is given to eligible renewal applicants.

Where can I teach?

Noyce scholars can teach anywhere in the United States. They can teach in a rural or an urban district as long as it meets the criteria of high-need.

What is a high-need district?

The term “a high-need local educational agency” as defined in section 201 of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (20 U.S.C. 1021) means a local educational agency (school district) that serves an elementary or secondary school located in an area which is characterized by at least one of the following:

  • a high percentage of individuals from families with incomes below the poverty line;
  • a high percentage of secondary school teachers not teaching in the content area in which they were trained to teach; or
  • a high teacher turnover rate.
I majored in science, but not physics, chemistry, or biology specifically. Can I still apply?

Definitely! The Noyce Scholarships can be awarded to individuals who majored in a STEM field (science or mathematics). You should contact us for more specific comments regarding your personal situation.

What happens if I receive an award but do not complete the teaching service requirement?

If a Noyce Scholar fails to comply with the agreement, the funding becomes a loan that must be repaid. All funds received will be repaid plus relevant interest until the full amount is recovered.

I am not a U.S. citizen. Can I apply?

Noyce scholars must be United States citizens, nationals, or permanent resident aliens.