James L. Bolden Campus Union
The Union, through programming and operations, encourages self-directed activity, giving maximum opportunity for self-realization and for growth in individual social competency and group effectiveness. In the Union, we are not only developing Students, we are developing Intellects.
The 67,000 square foot Union is a multi-level facility that boasts numerous student services offices, student programming spaces, and restaurant facilities for Alcorn students to enjoy!
Hours of Operation
The Campus Union operation hours are:
- Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 10 PM
- Saturday, 5 PM - 10 PM (food court only)
- Sunday, 5 PM - 10 PM (food court only)
To learn more about the Campus Union, please contact the Campus Union Director, Ms. Adrian Braxton at 601.877.6321.
James L. Bolden Campus Union Facility Spaces
- WOW Restaurant & Sub-Sandwich Shop: WOW Wings & the Sub-Sandwich Shop, located on the first floor, serve as a snack bar that specializes in short orders and other tasty items. The food court is open 11 AM - 10 PM Monday-Friday; and Saturday and Sunday, 5 PM - 10 PM (hours may vary during holiday breaks).
- Campus Post Office: Students can register for a campus mailbox or visit the post office for all of their mailing and shipping needs. The post office can be reached at 601.877.6334.
- Campus UPS Center: Students can utilize the UPS Center as a drop off location for all UPS shipping. The UPS Center can be reached at 601.877.3981.
- Exercise and Fitness Center: Our Exercise and Fitness Center, located next to the WOW food court, is equipped with all of the weight and cardio machines that you need to keep physically fit! Join us for a good workout Monday-Friday, Noon - 9 PM.
- Ballroom: Our large ballroom hosts many campus activities including Orientation, Fashion Shows and many other student programs. This room can accommodate about 500 guests for lectures and social activities; and 300 for banquet-style events.
- Multipurpose Room: A great space for smaller events, the multipurpose room is host to activities such as workout classes, arts and crafts, meetings, and other events that require a smaller, intimate setting.
Game Room: The game room offers the campus community recreational and social experiences through our many games and equipment. Please contact us at 601.877.6330 to inquire about games, employment opportunities, or reservations. The game room is open Monday-Friday, Noon - 9 PM.
- Video Games
- Eight (8) Lane Bowling Alley
- Eight (8) Billiard Tables
- Three (3) Table Tennis
- Two (2) Basketball Shootouts
- Two (2) Cornhole/Bean Bag Toss
- Air Hockey
- Shuffle Board
- And numerous Board Games to choose from!
- Office of Vice President for Student Affairs & Enrollment Management: The Office of the Vice-President is responsible for taking care of student needs and services on campus. The following offices are located in the Student Affairs suite. The Vice-President's Office can be reached at 601.877.6380.
- Assistant Vice-President for Student Development & Dean of Students, 601.877.4724
- Career Services, 601.877.6246
- Student Conduct, 601.877.6696
- Student Engagement, 601.877.6341
- Student Government Association Office (SGA): Stop by the SGA Office to meet your SGA President and elected class presidents!
- Student Union Administrative Office: Visit the Student Union Administrative Office to reserve space in the Campus Union, check out equipment, or inquire about programs! 601.877.6321
- Other Second Floor Facilities: The Union also has other spaces for programming, lounging, professional development, socializing and studying!
- Career Closet
- Computer Lab
- Conference Rooms
- Meeting Rooms
- President’s Dining Room
- Student & TV Lounge
Campus Union Guest House
The Campus Union Guest House accommodates campus friends and visitors for overnight lodging. For more information, please contact the Campus Union Director at 601.877.6321.
Forms and Resources
Building Clearance | Space Reservation Electronic Form
Student Organizations and Departments should use this link to request space reservations.