LaDonna Marie Cook's latest book earns rewards at the New York Book Festival, 2015 Readers’ Favorite Contest

Alcorn State University alumna LaDonna Marie Cook’s latest self-help and poetry book, “Lessons: Shattered Pieces Being Restored,” has garnered plenty of rave reviews and awards.

Cook's publication was recently named the Bronze Medal Winner in the Poetry – Inspiration Category of the 2015 Readers’ Favorite Poetry Contest. The book also earned Honorable Mention in the New York Book Festival.

Cook is happy about the success of her book and its ability to uplift others.

“It feels so awesome for my writing and work to be highlighted on a larger scale,” said Cook. “This is an honor. I am thankful for my dream of empowering others. I want to keep writing books that will help people to stay motivated and encouraged.”

Cook said that she’s working on several books that she plans to release this year. She will also host the Planting Positive Seeds Conference November 7. The theme of the conference will be, “Discovering the Champion in You: Resiliency and Restoration to Further Inspire Others.”

To purchase a copy of the award-winning book, visit Alcorn's Barnes and Noble Book Store.

• LaDonna resized.jpg