Letter to Alumni, Staff, and Friends
Dear Alumni, Students and Friends,
In the School of Agriculture, Research, Extension and Applied Sciences, 2016 promises to be both a very interesting and exciting year. Thank each of you for being a part of the journey 2016 promises to bring.
Sports pioneer George Shinn once said, “Growth means change and change involves risks, stepping from the known to the unknown.”
In 2016, the School will work:
- To change its name to make it easier for those throughout Mississippi, the nation and the world, to remember and know the programs within the School;
- To enhance programs and budgetary priorities by working with the Mississippi state legislators;
- To enlarge and increase academic departments, especially in the areas of biotechnology, forestry, water quality, and wildlife and fisheries;
- To launch the Agriculture and Family and Consumer Science Hall of Fame; and
- To develop the School’s next strategic plan and marketing strategies.
I look forward to working with each of you as we work together to grow Alcorn’s Agriculture and Applied Sciences programs and units.
Purple and Gold Forever,
Ivory W. Lyles, Ph.D.
Dean and Director of Land-Grant Programs