Alcorn staff members gather at Staff Appreciation Day

Staff members at Alcorn State University convened for a day of fun, food and professional development.

The 2016 Staff Appreciation Day was held Friday, June 24 in the James L. Bolden Campus Union Ballroom. Topics of discussion included customer service, rejuvenating the mind, body and soul, overtime regulations, health and wellness, securing computers and campus safety.

Director of Academic Advisement Ricky Coleman said that for him, the best part was the lesson on customer service.

"I thought it was really well done," said Coleman. "I really enjoyed how much stress was placed on making sure our customer service is at its best."

Administrative assistant for internal audit Tiffany Terrill thought that the event was a good way for staff members to come together.

"I think this event is a great way for all of the staff members to mingle and to form bonds," said Terrill.

Cora Torrance, a postal clerk at the University post office, said that she was very interested in the health and wellness session. She said that the information was vital to her health.

"The session was very informative," said Torrance. "Some of the things that were discussed are some of the issues I go through regularly. So listening to information on health issues was very helpful for me."

The day concluded with a cookout at the Dr. Clinton Bristow Jr. Dining Facility.

• Staff App. Day resized.jpg