Officer Zemarion Meeks awarded Officer of the Quarter by International Rotary Club in Jackson

Alcorn State University alumnus Officer Zemarion Meeks’ latest accolade proves that he’s making a difference in his community.

Meeks, who works for the Jackson Police Department in Jackson, Mississippi, was presented with the Officer of the Quarter Award by the International Rotary Club Monday, Aug. 15.

Serving and protecting citizens is a big deal for Meeks. He appreciates everyone who recognized him for his commitment to excellence.

“It feels great to know that someone took the time out of their busy schedule to recognize my hard work and dedication,” said Meeks, who earned a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice in 2014. “Helping others is something I enjoy most about being a police officer. I must say that I am grateful and honored to have been chosen.”

Meeks has an exciting career. Not only does he contribute to making Jackson a safer place, but he also works security for some of today’s most well known celebrities. So far, he has been a bodyguard for actress Vivica A. Fox, rapper Yo Gotti, singer Tank and many more.

“This is a job that I love tremendously. Being a bodyguard for many celebrities is by far the most amazing thing I have ever accomplished in my life. I never would have thought that I would travel the world on a tour bus with famous people.”

Meeks encourages aspiring police officers to follow their dreams no matter what.

“My advice to those who aspire to become police officers is not to allow the negativity and the troubles of the world hinder them from becoming that wonderful officer that they can become.”

• Z.Meeks resized.jpg