Xavier Bradford expands dental knowledge during internship at the University of Michigan

Alcorn State University senior Xavier Bradford has gotten a head start to fulfilling his childhood dream.

Xavier is currently participating in the Dental Success Internship at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor. Becoming a dentist is something that Xavier has contemplated for most of his life.

“My interest in dentistry began during my first visit to the dentist as a young boy,” said Xavier, a biology/pre-dentistry major. “I was fascinated with the tranquil atmosphere and equipment that was used during the simple cleaning procedure. My dentist made me feel comfortable with funny conversations. After the visit, I thought that maybe I can one day make individuals feel optimistic about their smiles by administering oral treatment.”

Studying and increasing his knowledge in dentistry, along with getting acquainted with likeminded students, are two elements of the Xavier’s internship that stands out the most.

“My experience has been great. I’ve attended various classes that aim to prepare me for the dental admission test as well as societal issues one may encounter as a future dentist. Besides coursework, meeting individuals from different backgrounds has been a great experience.”

Being an intern at the University of Michigan has provided Xavier with valuable skills that will help him complete his journey as a student at Alcorn.

“I learned how to better perform multiple tasks while maintaining a strict schedule to ensure that I am getting things done. In addition, the various scientific content taught during the program will help me in the biology classes that I will take during the fall and spring semesters.”

Xavier sees the internship as a blessing and fun experience.

• Xavier resized.jpg