Alcorn alumna, Dr. Brendalyn Donaldson, earns doctorate degree from Argosy University

Dr. Brendalyn Donaldson, who earned a bachelor’s degree in English from Alcorn State University in 1989, has reached the mountaintop of her educational journey.

The Prentiss, Mississippi native earned a doctorate degree in postsecondary education from Argosy University Saturday, Dec. 2 in Atlanta, Georgia. Donaldson is proud to have maneuvered through the obstacles along the way to achieve her goal.

“Accomplishing this milestone gave me a tremendous sense of pride,” said Donaldson. “I encountered some challenges during the process, but I endured. Attaining this accomplishment also allows me to prepare myself to be able to make professionally and educationally sound contributions to the field.”

Once Donaldson realized her love for education, she immediately gained inspiration to pursue her dream of shaping the minds of others.

“When I discovered my passion for education, I wanted to assist and prepare students to become productive and contributing members of society.”

Now that Donaldson has secured her latest credential, she looks forward to a rewarding future.

“My plans are to enter the college or university sector as an educational leader or professor. I also plan to start a foundation to assist high school students in preparing for college admission or identifying trades that will help them become productive.”