The School of Education and Psychology offers numerous master’s degree programs, allowing you to further your education in your area of interest, whether you have just earned your bachelor’s degree or already have been teaching. Our master’s programs include:
- Master of Science in Elementary Education, Early Childhood & Reading. Explore issues, design curriculum, and learn new strategies and techniques so you can become a more effective educator; endorsements available in early childhood education, elementary education, and reading.
- Master of Science in Secondary Education. Focus on teaching a particular subject at the secondary area, including biology, chemistry, English, science, mathematics, social science, and health and physical education.
- Master of Science in Secondary Education:Special Education. Study the teaching of children with learning disabilities, emotional disturbances, mental retardation, and handicaps ranging from mild to profound; by completing this program, you will be certified to teach exceptional children in both elementary and secondary schools.
- Master of Science in Secondary Education: School Counseling.Prepare for a career as a counselor in the educational arena or the mental health field.
- Master of Science in Secondary Education: Clinical Mental Health. Prepare for a distinct profession with national standards for education, training and clinical practice.
- Master of Science in Education with an emphasis on Athletic Administration and Coaching. Immerse yourself in a comprehensive exploration, examination, and study of administrative and coaching models, theories, approaches, techniques, and methodologies for the effective management, administration, and leadership of an athletic program.
- Master of Arts in Teaching (Elementary & Secondary). Meet Mississippi teacher licensure requirements at the graduate level through this degree program, designed for students who have a bachelor’s degree in a field other than education. You also may choose our accelerated master’s in elementary education program, offered at the Vicksburg and Natchez campuses. By combining online and traditional class sessions, you can complete your master’s degree in one year.
- Specialist in Elementary Education.Applicant must hold Class AA license in a teacher education field.