(601) 877 - 3000 (Dispatch)
(601) 877 - 2291 (Office)
(601) 877 - 6343 (Fax)
The mission of the university police is to provide a safe and supportive environment for the university community through professional law enforcement, prevention of crime, intervention with offenders, problem solving, and community participation.
The Alcorn State University Police Department is a fully commissioned police department. As a commissioned police department, we have all powers of arrest, the ability to act on probable cause, conduct search and seizures, and investigate criminal activity. The commissioned police officers in the department are vested with full police authority. Additionally, as a law enforcement agency, we have access to local, state and federal criminal history records and criminal intelligence.
- Good citizenship, high moral character, integrity and common courtesy are attributes which are highly prized here on the campus of Alcorn State University.
- Self respect and respect for others promote an atmosphere conducive to pursuing academic excellence, exploring new ideas and ideologies while enjoying the college experience for all it's worth.
- Vigilance on the part of every individual to make sure no one's rights are violated helps to ensure that everyone's freedoms are protected.
If you witness a criminal act or unsafe situation, report it to your Campus Police.
Building Clearance Forms
Event and Building Clearance Forms are processed
8 am to 4 pm Monday - Friday
Fines & Fees
Access and Pay Your Fines at the Business Office Cashier's Window on the 2nd Floor of the Walter Washington Administration Building.
State and Federal Links
- Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA)
- Homeland Security Emergency Preparedness
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)