Destiny Crocket looks to enhance agriculture skills in her internship

Alcorn State University senior Destiny Crocket is learning more about agriculture in her summer internship.

Destiny began her internship with the United States Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Natural Resources Conservationist Service in Greenville, Mississippi Monday, June 13. Her duties include traveling to other seed offices in the Mississippi Delta to research and survey soil.

In her short time at her internship, Destiny said that she has gained more agricultural skills to add to her growing repertoire.

“I’ve enjoyed my experience so far,” said Destiny, an agriculture/environmental science major. “It’s taught me plenty of new things about soil and water.”

Like other students who are participating in summer internships, Destiny said that her instructors at Alcorn have done a great job at preparing her for a career in her field.

“Alcorn has done a really good job at teaching me what to expect from a career in agriculture.”

Destiny said that the best part about her internship is the hands-on experience it provides her.

“I really enjoy going into the fields and learning how to measure different things so that it can help conservationists and the land.”

• Destiny Crocket resized.jpg