Dr. David Carter thrives as a dentist in Louisiana

One Alcorn State University alumnus is making an impact in his community by enhancing the smiles of others.

Dr. David Carter, who earned both bachelor’s and master’s degrees in biology from Alcorn in 2008 and 2010, owns Impressive Smiles Family Dentistry with his wife, Adriane White, in Zachary, Louisiana. The dentistry offers a wide array of services from basic dentistry, cosmetics, dental implants, sedation dentistry and more.

Had it not been for the tutelage of another Alcorn alumnus, Carter may not have made it this far. He credits his studies under Dr. Anthony Newman for his love of dentistry.

“I was inspired to pursue dentistry after shadowing Dr. Newman,” said Carter. “He really showed me the joy that can come out of dentistry. After shadowing him, I was confident that dentistry was the profession for me. I knew that I wanted to own a business, and a dentistry was the perfect business for me to open.”

Carter often reflects on his humble beginnings. He still finds himself in awe of how far he has come.

“I wake up and thank my Savior for putting me in this position. Sometimes, I sit back and reflect on how far He has brought me. I not only have an opportunity to serve my community, but I also have the opportunity to empower young individuals by being the example they may need.”

Carter is happy to fulfill his purpose.

“I enjoy making people smile. By doing that, I am living my dream.”

For more information about Impressive Smiles Family Dentistry, visit https://ismiles.dental.

• David Carter resized.jpg