Responsible Division: Center for Information Technology Services
Responsible Office: Center for Information Technology Services
Issue/Revision Date: November 22, 2019
The purpose of this policy is to explain the compatibility of mobile/cellular devices acquired from vendors beyond the University’s chosen cellular provider.
- Alcorn State University will in no way service mobile/cellular devices that were not purchased and owned by the University.
- Alcorn State University cannot guarantee compatibility for any and all University-owned mobile/cellular devices (devices that are capable of receiving cellular voice/text/internet data, e.g., cellphones, smartphones, tablets (iPad, Samsung Tab, etc.), mobile Wi-Fi hotspots, etc.) acquired from vendors other than the University’s chosen cellular service provider (CSP).
- In the event that a mobile/cellular device(s) in question has been purchased from a vendor other than the University’s chosen CSP, to determine whether or not said device is compatible and service can be provided, the purchasing office/unit must provide CITS with the following information:
- Serial Number of device(s)
- Purchase order number associated with the device(s) in question
- IMEI (UUID?) of the device(s)
- Manufacturer, model, and series number of device(s)
- Expected service(s) to be added to device (talk, text, and/or internet)
Once the information is acquired, CITS will interface with the University cellular service provider to determine if the device(s) in question is compatible with the CSP. If the device(s) is not compatible with the CSP, no service will be provided. If the device is compatible, then service will be acquired by standard procedure outlined means determined in the Cellular/Mobile Device Acquisition Procedure.
Contact the CITS department for more information: (601) 877-6182.