Shireisla Kelly’s store, Allure Boutique, opens in Jackson

For as long as she can remember, Shireisla Kelly, a 2009 Alcorn State University graduate, has always had an eye for glamorous apparel. She credits the development of her fashion sense to her grandmother, who would take her on weekly shopping trips when she was younger.

“I have always been attracted to aesthetics and fashion since I was a little girl,” said Kelly. “My grandmother was fashion forward, and we spent every Saturday shopping. We focused on upcoming seasons, patterns, blending and material qualities. From there, I gained my own focus of posh and trend.”

On Saturday, July 1, Kelly, with the help of her two fashion forward sisters, turned her passion into a business with the grand opening of Allure Boutique. The Boutique, which is located on 6101 Ridgewood Road, Suit J in Jackson, Mississippi, has everyday attire, all purpose dresses, two-piece sets and shoes. The Boutique offers a variety of styles that caters to women from all backgrounds.

With the rise of online shopping, Kelly wanted to take the traditional route with her business so that the customer could enjoy the full shopping adventure.

“I understand that shopping is not just a business, it is truly an experience. Online and chain store purchases take away the intimacy of the shopping experience. They also take away the ability to identify perfection for body frames and skin tone complimenting.”

Support is critical to the Boutique’s success, so Kelly encourages everyone to support all black owned businesses so that they can become a staple in the community.

“I want to bring social responsibility into my community. We must support black businesses so that black businesses can support the community. I want my business to reach a point where I can provide sponsorship for positive actions or events to take place in the city of Jackson.”

Opening the clothing store is an accomplishment that Kelly holds dear to her heart.

“The grand opening of Allure Boutique is what has given me true self-fulfillment. Allure is my happy place.”

• Shireisla Kelly resized.jpg