Senior Jakierra Brown awarded Study.com’s Mississippi Scholarship

An Alcorn State University student’s academic success has been rewarded with a scholarship.

Jakierra Brown, a senior accounting major from Tupelo, Mississippi, won Study.com’s Mississippi Scholarship. Study.com gives an academic award to Mississippi students enrolled in an accredited college or university.

Study.com is an online learning platform that makes education affordable, effective, and engaging with short, fun video lessons created by subject matter experts. Over 30 million students use the site’s online courses and study tools monthly to achieve their educational goals.

Brown thanks the University’s Office of Career Services for presenting the scholarship opportunity and guiding her throughout the application process.

“I feel thankful to have been selected,” said Brown. “I am grateful that this opportunity was presented to me, and I also thank Alcorn’s Office of Career Services for encouraging me to apply for this scholarship.”

The scholarship eliminates financial burdens, which allows Brown to focus on being a productive student and progressing toward graduating.

“I am excited about the prosperity the scholarship brings and how it allows me to continue to excel on my academic journey. I am relieved that my financial needs are handled. This scholarship also motivates me to stay persistent and to network more. I always tell myself that the sky is the limit, and that continues to be proven true.”

The award is meaningful to Brown because it assures her of her work ethic.

“Winning this scholarship assures me that my hard work is paying off. Balancing life, classes, and work isn’t easy, so it feels good to maintain good grades and apply for scholarships that would allow me to be worry-free financially. This scholarship plays an important role in helping me continue to achieve my academic goals.”