Congratulations and welcome to Alcorn State University! The Department of Residence Life provides a safe, diverse and well maintained environment that supports the academic mission of the University. We seek to create a dynamic living/learning experience that promotes and inspires individuals to become empowered community members.
- All residence halls offer controlled card access entry, 24-hour camera surveillance monitoring and hall staff on each floor. In addition, University Police Officers frequently patrol the residential communities.
- All residence halls are equipped with computer labs, limited wireless access, vending machines and laundry facilities. All student rooms are fully furnished with beds, desks, chairs, wardrobes/closets and chests.
- Living on campus means being at the center of classes, student activities and more!
- Students who live on campus show a higher scholastic performance and are more likely to graduate than those who live off campus.
- Professional and student staff are ALWAYS available and offer a diverse range of programs to meet the needs of students from time management to salsa dancing!
Click here for a list of items that you will need to make your room feel more like home!