Frequently Asked Questions
- When will I receive my exit examination results from CORE/AREA exam previously taken?
- Can I obtain a master's degree attending summers only?
- In which subject areas does the Education Dept. offer teacher education programs?
- How long will my teacher education program take?
- How many hours are required for the Elementary Education Degree?
- Can I obtain a concentration in another area?
- How do I find my advisor?
The Department of Education and Psychology administers a curriculum for undergraduate majors in Elementary Education, General Studies, and Psychology. Additionally, the department offers courses for secondary teacher education majors that will meet the state requirements for certification in the various teaching areas on the secondary levels.
Undergraduates should consult a teacher education advisor as soon as they decide to pursue teacher education. The education degree & certification at Alcorn State University are designed to be completed within the four-year program but there are certification requirements which must be completed during the four year time period.