- International Coffee Hour - Every Friday during the semester The Office of Global Programs hosts International Coffee Hour from 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m (noon) in the Office of Global Programs, 1st floor Conference Room. Coffee Hour is open to all Alcorn domestic and international students, staff, and faculty. Come enjoy freshly brewed coffee and breakfast snacks while meeting with friends, old and new, to learn about and discuss other countries, and current events that have impact across the globe. It's a great and informal way to learn more about the world around you and the issues that impact us all. See flyer below. For Spring 2019, International Coffee Hour will begin Friday, January 11, 2019 at 11:00 a.m.
- Chinese Language Institute Spring 2019 - Chinese Language Institute starts on January 7, 2019 and runs through May 3, 2019. Learn a new language and more about Chinese culture. Course taught by Fulbright FLTA Hsin-Ya Kuo. See Application below.
- Gilman Scholarship/Study Abroad Workshop - This workshop will give detailed information about applying for a Gilman Scholarship and general information about studying abroad. In order to be eligible for the Gilman Scholarship, you must be a student from the U.S. and receiving or eligible to receive a Pell Grant. The workshop will be held in the Office of Global Programs 1st floor Conference Room, Thursday, February 28, 2019, 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m Hope to see you there.
- United Nations Conference on Food Security - Tuesday, April 2, 2019, 10:00 am to 2:30 pm, Medgar Wiley Evers Auditorium in the J.D. Boyd Library. The United Nations (UN) Conference on Global Food Security will have speakers from the United Nations or UN related organizations discussing the current status of Global Food Security and possible future developments and impacts.
- 2019 Multicultural Educational Workshop - Thursday, April 11, 2019, 10:00 am to 11:00 am in the Ballroom and Multipurpose Room of the James L. Bolden Campus Union. The workshop will be conducted by Mr. Galen Abdur-Razzaq, keynote performer for the Multicultural Festival.
- 2019 Multicultural Festival - Thursday, April 11, 2019, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm in the Ballroom and Multipurpose Room of the James L. Bolden Campus Union. The theme of this year's Festival is "Celebrating Global Cultures" and the keynote performance will be given by Mr. Galen Abdur-Razzaq of Flute Juice Productions. He has performed both internationally and domestically for over 30 years. He is a recording artist, composer, arranger, speaker and educator. In addition to his stellar musical background, Mr. Abdur-Razzaq is a riveting speaker on the topic of jazz and its historical significance.
- Multicultural Event for Local School Children - Saturday, April 13, 2019, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm, Multipurpose Room in the James L. Bolden Campus Union. This event is for community school children to see some of the exhibits and displays that were presented at the Multicultural Festival on April 11, 2019. It is sponsored by the LINKS, Inc., the Alcorn State University International and Multicultural Students Organization (IMSO), and the Alcorn State University Office of Global Programs.
Chinese Language Institute Application for Spring 2019
Fill out the form below and click Submit to register for the Chinese Language Institute for Spring 2019.