The primary mission for the Accounting Office is to efficiently and accurately process accounting journals to the General Ledger and to maintain detailed records for all fixed capital outlay projects undertaken by the University.
The Accounting Office is responsible for the following:
- Approve and distribute Vendor & Travel disbursements.
- Review and reconcile General Ledger accounts.
- Record appropriations from the State of Mississippi and Institutions of Higher Learning.
- Maintain budgetary and accounting records for Fixed Capital Outlay Projects.
- Prepare fund statements at fiscal year end.
- Record interdepartmental sales of goods and services to the General Ledger.