Microsoft Office 2016 and Office 365 are now available for all current students at Alcorn State University… for free! Microsoft Office 2016 is the latest version of the popular and powerful family of software including Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and more.
What is Office 365?
Office 365 is a new version of Microsoft Office that works online; this means that, once you register, you will have the ability to access special, online versions of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel from any computer with an Internet connection.
How long do I get to keep my Office 365 account?
Your University Office 365 account will work for as long as you’re either an active student or active employee of the University. More specifically:
- If you’re a University student (and not a University employee), your account will deactivate about a few weeks after you graduate or withdraw from the University.
- If you’re a University employee (and not a University student), your account will deactivate about a few weeks after you graduate or withdraw from the University.
- If you’re both a student and a University employee, your account will deactivate about a few weeks after you are both no longer a student and no longer an employee.
How do I get my copy of Office?
To get your copy of Office, make sure to complete the three steps below:
- Get Access to Your Alcorn Email Account – You need to make sure you have access to your Alcorn Student Email account. If you don’t have access to your Alcorn Student Email account, you can call 601-877-6182 or visit Room 316 in the Administration Building on the Lorman campus for assistance. Alternatively, you can learn how to activate your Alcorn Student Email Account by clicking the following link: Activating your Alcorn Email/Canvas Account
- Remove All Other Copies of Microsoft Office – Make sure you get rid of any other copies of Microsoft Office on your computer before installing your University copy, including previous versions of Office and trial versions of Office.
- Log In – The username for your Office 365 account is your full Alcorn student email address (example: [email protected]), and the password is the exact same password that you use for your Alcorn Student Email account.
You can also click the button below to go to your Alcorn Office 365 account.
Forgot your password?
If you forget the password for your Office 365 account, you can give us a call at 601-877-6182, send an email to [email protected], or visit Room 316 in the Administration Building on the Lorman campus for assistance.