The street in front of Robinson Hall and Burrus Hall is a fire lane. Only park behind these dorms in the designated areas.
RESIDENTIAL STUDENT PARKING: Residential students should leave their cars parked at their respective residential areas until after 4:00 p.m. daily. Parking in other areas during the hours of 8:00 a.m. To 5:00 p.m. will result in the issuance of traffic citations. ALL students living in any residence hall will be authorized to park in any residence hall parking lot or any open parking areas. All students driving a vehicle on campus will be required to purchase a Parking Permit.
COMMUTERS: All commuter students will be authorized to park in the stadium parking lots and ride the shuttle bus to class. Commuter students taking classes after 5:00 p.m. must purchase a Commuter Permit but will be allowed to park in any open parking areas, including the WWACB Lot.
WALTER WASHINGTON ADMINISTRATION BUILDING: The lot for WWACB is “EXCLUSIVE PARKING ONLY” for faculty, staff, and administrators. NO STUDENT WILL BE AUTHORIZED TO PARK IN WWACB LOT BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 7:00 A.M. AND 5:00 P.M., MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY.
STAFF/FACULTY: All faculty and staff members are required to purchase a Parking Permit and are authorized to park in any open parking areas on campus. The cost of this permit is $65.00. If you register two vehicles at the same time the cost of dual registration is $95.00. (Both vehicles must be registered to you or your spouse).
VISITORS PARKING: Alcorn State University offers complimentary permits for visitors to the campus. Complimentary permits are available at the Welcome Center for visitors, vendors, and contractors and are valid for 24 hours. To avoid violation of parking regulations, after a 24 hour period, a temporary permit must be purchased in the Department of Parking Operations. Temporary permits are valid for seven days, at a cost of $10.00.
HANDICAPPED/DISABLED PARKING: Verification of all permanent handicapped parking/disabled license tag holders must be completed in person at the Parking Operations Department, located in the Walter Washington Administration/Classroom Building. Any individual that is certified for disabled parking by the State of Mississippi, or by the state in which the disabled individual resides, should bring their state issued accessible documentation to the Department of Parking Operations. Failure to report the necessary information may result in a citation for failure to register.
Authorization to park in handicapped/disabled parking spaces requires both a university parking permit and a visible handicapped/disabled permit.
The following Parking Restrictions will be implemented and strictly enforced throughout the year:
1. Alcorn Drive from Bowles Hall to Alice Tanner (Dining Hall and Library strip): No parking is authorized on the whole strip.
2. Alcorn Drive from WWACB to Fine Arts Building on Fine Arts Ave: No parking from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
3. Bristow Dining Facility: No parking in service entrance/delivery ramp area except Sodexo employees with decal and Sodexo sticker. The whole circle drive is off limits. Parking for the dining hall will be in the gravel parking lot.
4. Infirmary Ave: No parking authorized on the whole street from Alcorn Drive to Residential Ave.
5. Residence Lanes (Mabel Thomas, Robinson, and Burrus Halls area): No parking in the whole circle except for the spaces labeled “staff” on the side of Harmon Hall.
6. Parking on any grassy area is strictly prohibited.
7. No parking on bike lane around Alcorn Drive.
No Parking Zones
- Do not park, drive or walk on the grass.
- Do not park in a handicap space without a valid handicap sticker. You must also be prepared and able to verify that the sticker belongs to either you or your passenger.
- Do not park where the curb is painted yellow.